The first seed of Dundee Islamic society was sown at 5 Erskine Street in 1969. After 1 year because of the success it was moved to 112-114 Hilltown Dundee. Over the years the Islamic Cummunity had grown from strength to strength. Keeping in view this situation a need to expand and relocate the mosque (masjid) was realized. In 1995 new location was selected at 6 Miln Street/ Brown Street , Dundee DD1 5HZ, because it was located close to the twon centre and easily accessible for the communities of Dundee and Abertay universities.
The land was purchased for £212,000 and the total cost of construction was £2,000,000. The majority of the money was raised by the local community. This is a double story building in which about 1000 people can perform salat at a time. The mosque (masjid) is a listed class 1 building and has facilities for male & female worshippers. It has its own free car park for the worshippers and visitors.